Behavioral Health Care Coordinator | QMHP or CSAC
FULL TIME | Great Salary + Benefits!
Location: Norfolk, VA
Shifts: Mon, Tues, Thurs. 9:00-5:00 , Wed 8:00-7:00, Fri 9:00-2:00
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: Depending on exp
Do you have a passion with working with patients to help identify their own individualized recovery goals? Then, apply with us!
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health sciences is required.
- VA: Bachelor’s Degree (including QMHP-A) and either one year of direct training/experience with substance disorders, or minimum one year of clinical experience/training with co-occurring diagnoses (SUD and mental illness); or a Board of Counseling CSAC
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Thorough understanding of the Relapse Models and Harm Reduction concepts.
- Working understanding of the unique needs/dynamics of the patient population.
- Knowledge of community resources, networking, and referral processes.
- Experience in a Case Management, or Care Coordination setting.
- Knowledge of and proven experience navigating and documenting in an EMR system.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize based on severity of need
- Collaborates with patients, providers, other treatment, office support staff, ancillary departments within the company, and community agencies to maintain accurate and timely data exchanges between all entities involved in the patients’ care.
- Provide care coordination services to patients; making referrals to appropriate community resources to assist patients in dealing with the barriers they face in areas such as housing stability, legal challenges, access to transportation, physical health needs, economic stability, community integration and access to social support, leisure, and recreation, etc.
- Meets with each new patient to welcome and orient them to the program as well as identify needs, strengths, recovery goals and barriers.
- Obtains appropriate releases for each referral that is completed and conducts follow-up for referrals made.
- Coordinates patient appointments, referrals, and transportation needs for both the facility and community appointments as needed.
- Facilitates placement for alternative or higher level of care as agreed upon with the interdisciplinary treatment team; maintaining contact with the placement sites to provide continuity of care upon discharge.
- Maintains effective, pro-active, and superior follow-up communication with patients, providers, office staff, and ancillary departments within the company and community.
- Enter all required data into the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) system promptly and accurately.
- Maintains excellent level of documentation and note keeping.
- Maintains compliance with all levels and forms of patient confidentiality.
- Attends regular meetings or conference calls, including interdisciplinary treatment teams and collaborating with community agencies.
- Maintain individual schedule of assigned patients.
- Provide crisis intervention, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
- Dependent body mobility to access a standard office environment with shelves and drawers of varying heights.
- Vision sufficient to read a computer screen, and printed text and hand-written documents.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard daily.
- Stamina to sit and/or stand up for hours at a time.
- Ability to transport, lift or carry essential work-related materials or items up to 40pounds.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone, and in various forms of written communication.
- Mental stamina for problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to document, recall, and explain detailed trainings, conversation, or events, and apply oral/written instructions, as needed.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and clean driving record
- Will be required to work in an office environment and travel to other site locations and/or applicable locations in the community.
- Travel Time: Up to 10%
Interested and want to learn more? Apply below.
“Connecting people and creating a path to thrive together” IS AT THE HEART OF ALL WE DO.
Our passionate and dedicated team will help you navigate through your career journey starting from Day 1. We’ll take care of everything, so you can focus on what you do best.
We’re thrilled you are thinking about embarking on the iDEAL Path.
Exciting new adventure awaits!