Location: Scotts Valley, CA
Bonus: up to 25% of salary annually
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5:30pm , 24/7 for emergencies
Experience: Minimum 5 years Executive Director in ASL required.
Must have State license as a nursing home administrator and/or Assisted Living License. Must have RCFE certification
This role requires advanced knowledge of the industry, along with technical expertise. Strong written and verbal communication, multitasking, delegation, results-driven mindset, and excellent judgment are essential. Highly preferred to have marketing and sales experience to maximize occupancy and community performance.
What you will do:
- Responsible for all operations within the community, interacting with staff and residents, prospects, or their family members, as necessary.
- Develops and implements business plan to become the highest performing senior living community in the local market. Creates, analyzes, and executes annual operating and capital budgets and holds department leaders accountable for department budgets. Manages community performance against goals; sets plans to improve or maintain performance to Company service and financial standards.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with management team and encourages teamwork and collaboration; cultivates an inclusive community culture. Supervises, directs, and motivates community management while empowering department leaders to supervise, direct, and motivate staff; ensures department leaders proactively recognize and solve issues. Holds department leaders accountable for department performance. Provides assistance to leaders and staff as needed. Works with department leaders to ensure community maintains appropriate staffing levels to meet the needs of residents and in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Encourages and supports department leaders to attract, develop, engage, and retain associates in accordance with Company policies. Understands the community’s staffing needs and is responsible for overseeing the recruiting and onboarding process; ensures associates are appropriately trained and developed to meet the needs of residents. In consultation with department leaders, reviews promotions, development plans, disciplinary actions, and termination decisions to ensure consistency in the selection and retention of quality associates. Works with department leaders to analyze trends and implement strategies to reduce turnover and increase retention.
- Builds high degree of resident satisfaction and retention. Is responsible for maintaining positive resident relations and is accessible and approachable to residents and their families. Empowers community management to proactively solve resident problems and resolve issues. Works with appropriate department leaders to leverage satisfied residents and families to grow community occupancy and to execute renewal program with existing residents. Partners with Resident Council as necessary. Works with community management to administer resident satisfaction and other surveys and to create plan to address opportunities for improvement in resident satisfaction, experience, and engagement.
- For assisted living or memory care communities, creates and maintains collaborative relationship with community clinical leader(s) to ensure community’s care and services are appropriate to meet the needs of residents. Oversees resident services including the admission process, healthcare management, and maintenance of resident documentation to ensure high quality services and compliance with Company policy and applicable legal requirements. Empowers department leaders to demonstrate same for their respected area. Ensures clinical leader(s) conduct service plan reviews, consistent with applicable legal requirements, with resident families to maintain the personal dignity of residents.
- Demonstrates a high degree of financial acumen as it relates to community operations. Analyzes, develops, and executes annual operating and capital budgets; works to meet or exceed budgeted revenue, profitability, and occupancy goals. Works with department leaders and district team to proactively create plans to overcome unanticipated expenses or revenue shortfalls. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction, while meeting the needs of residents and adhering to Company policies and applicable regulations.
- Drives sales and marketing efforts in collaboration with the community sales leader to meet or exceed occupancy or revenue targets by assisting to develop new business, generate leads, and build strategic relationships. Engages with prospects who tour the community. Identifies trends and empowers sales leader to implement approved sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize revenue (RevPAR).
- Identifies and builds positive relationships with local influencers and professionals to raise community profile. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community that align with the Company’s mission. Represents the community and the Company to governmental agencies (as appropriate), professional organizations, community groups, and other appropriate public agencies and groups.
- Works with maintenance and other appropriate department leaders to ensure buildings, grounds, and property are up to Company standards; engages in active oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs and frequent inspections that meet Company standards of excellence.
- Enforces current Company policies and procedures. Maintains applicable licenses in accordance with Company, Federal, State, and local requirements.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Interested and want to learn more? Apply below.
YOUR IDEAL EXPERIENCE.
“Connecting people and creating a path to thrive together” IS AT THE HEART OF ALL WE DO.
Our passionate and dedicated team will help you navigate through your career journey starting from Day 1. We’ll take care of everything, so you can focus on what you do best.
We’re thrilled you are thinking about embarking on the iDEAL Path.
Exciting new adventure awaits!