1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
medication administration, assessments, admits,tube feedings,IV admin and IV starts
4100 is a medical nursing unit which primarly cares for patients admitted with infectious diseases, respiratory issues, and diaylsis needs.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
EPIC EMR, OMNI cell medication dispensing system, POC testing
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
2 years preferred
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
BLS is only requirement
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
3 -12 hr shifts , every other weekend unless arrangements are made at start, no call required, will not ever work alone
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
At times, floating to other units within the organization is required. It is possible to be floated to the surgical floor, orthopedics, geriatric psych, peds, OB, or critical care/step down with an appropriate assignment for the individual nurse’s skill set
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
42 bed unit
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
6-8 generally based on staffing
9. Dress Code:
royal blue scrub top and bottoms, long or short sleeve shirts or jackets may be worn in the color of white, black, grey, or royal blue
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
approximately 1 week