Director of Nursing
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership experience preferred
- Certifications/Licenses: Must have Minnesota RN License
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Sign on Bonus available
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm and rotating on call
- COVID Policy: Vaccination not required
- Location: West St. Paul, MN
Responsibilities and Duties:
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of a more complex community to ensure residents’ healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as residents’ healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other direct care staff within the community. May be responsible for leading an additional clinical leadership team of up to five members. The HWD level for each community is determined based on the total complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but are not limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines, medication management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements, multiple licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and skilled services requiring an RN.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed, certified, and non-certified clinical associates
- Empowers clinical leaders to supervise, direct, and motivate staff within their oversight.
- Assigns and directs work of clinical leaders and subordinates; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific training.
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident, evaluates effectiveness, and maximizes the resident’s opportunity to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures that family members are aware of the resident’s need for scheduled appointments.
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments, service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as required by policy and as described or allowed in Nurse Practice Act or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with resident families with the intent of returning resident.
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and notifies Executive Director, resident’s physician, and resident’s legally responsible party/family of resident’s condition and reactions.
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents’ status and condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare-related services.
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Workers’ Compensation claims by appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as required.
Education and Experience:
- Education as required to obtain a state nursing license
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic documentation.
- Skilled nursing experience may be required.
Certifications and Licenses:
State nursing license (RN). Must have a valid driver’s license.
YOUR IDEAL EXPERIENCE.
“Connecting people and creating a path to thrive together” IS AT THE HEART OF ALL WE DO.
Our passionate and dedicated team will help you navigate through your career journey starting from Day 1. We’ll take care of everything, so you can focus on what you do best.
We’re thrilled you are thinking about embarking on the iDEAL Path.
Exciting new adventure awaits