Caregiver and CNA’s encouraged to apply!
Full Time – Direct Hire Permanent
Schedule: Flexible shifts 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, and 10pm-6am
Salary: Depending on experience
Location : LaCrosse, WI
Provides direct care to residents following an individual service plan.
- Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident’s right to free choice. Records and reports changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents as described in the activity calendar.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan.
- Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments. May assist in preparing meals following preplanned menus.
- Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Maintains residents’ records daily, in a timely manner, and in accordance with company policy and procedures. This includes documentation related to medication distribution as applicable, leisure activities, incidents and observations, reporting any changes in resident’s physical condition and/or behavior, visitors,
- Observes and reports the health and emotional condition of each resident and promptly reports all changes to the supervisor.
- Only if permitted by state specific regulations, may assist residents with medication as defined in medication procedure. Follows physician orders and state laws to administer medications to residents who cannot self-administer their medications. Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures.
- Refer to state specific regulations regarding medication assistance.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents. Performs general housekeeping, following cleaning schedules for resident laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance, including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends
- Knows location of each resident, reminds them to sign out when they leave the building, and notifies the supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to six months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults.
YOUR IDEAL EXPERIENCE!
“Connecting people and creating a path to thrive together” IS AT THE HEART OF ALL WE DO. Our passionate and dedicated team will help you navigate through your career journey starting from Day 1. We’ll take care of everything, so you can focus on what you do best. We’re thrilled you are thinking about embarking on the iDEAL Path. Exciting new adventure awaits!