Director of Nursing- HWD II – Assisted Living Community
*Will accept LPN/LVN/RN
*Must have leadership experience-leading a team
*Must be able to teach and encourage co-workers and patient family members
*Must be proactive about fostering growth in the community
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of the community to ensure residents’ healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as residents’ healthcare needs change.
Supervises and provides leadership, as well as coaching other direct care staff The HWD level for each community is determined based on the total complexity of the role.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed, certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Assigns and directs work of subordinates; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific training.
- Reviews documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- Ensures that family members are aware of the resident’s need for scheduled appointments.
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents.
- Assures that required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission
- including nursing assessments
- service plans
- other assigned forms
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with resident families with the intent of returning resident to Brookdale.
- Evaluates resident documents changes in condition, and notifies Executive Director
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents’ status and condition changes. s.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare-related services.
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as needed.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as required.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Preferred a minimum of 3 years clinical
leadership experience. Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic documentation. Skilled nursing
experience may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
LPN/LVN or RN license.