MEDICAL ASSISTANT or EMT – FULL TIME
- Location: Greenfield, MA 01301
- Shifts: 9 am-5 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
9 am-8 pm Wednesday
9 am-2 pm Friday
- Pay: $16-22/hour
- Experience: Minimum one year and must have proof of license, phlebotomy experience
We have an immediate opening for the following position: Medical Assistant, or EMT
As a Medical Assistant/EMT, you will function as an integral member of the patient care team. Assisting in the care of our patients by performing necessary laboratory and support tasks while maintaining compliance with the established policies and procedures the work site.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by collecting urine screen, drawing blood, etc.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, obtaining chief complaints; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during visits; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; drawing blood.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Scanning of patient documents into Electronic Health Record
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Setting up, cleaning, and disinfecting exam rooms and medical equipment and maintaining stocks of medical supplies in room as required.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e., refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.).
- Highest level of customer service, compassion, professionalism, and empathy to all patients always.
- Scheduling new and recurring patient appointments for mid-level provider (PA or NP), physicians and other clinical providers, as needed.
- All other tasks or projects, as assigned.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Patience and compassion when interacting with all patients, visitors and staff
- Be familiar with medical and behavioral Health treatment guidelines, policies and procedures
Interested and want to learn more? Apply below.
YOUR IDEAL EXPERIENCE.
“Connecting people and creating a path to thrive together” IS AT THE HEART OF ALL WE DO.
Our passionate and dedicated team will help you navigate through your career journey starting from Day 1. We’ll take care of everything, so you can focus on what you do best.
We’re thrilled you are thinking about embarking on the iDEAL Path.
Exciting new adventure awaits!