Full Time – Direct Hire Permanent
Flexible shifts 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, and 10pm-6am
Depending on experience
Provides direct care to residents following the individualized service plan. Provides residents with services in accordance with health care provider’s orders regarding administration or assistance with medications and treatments, as per state regulations.
- Helps ensure necessary medications are available at all times for residents, including ordering /re-ordering from the pharmacy and assisting with obtaining orders (prescriptions) for refills from the appropriate provider.
- Maintains residents’ records daily, in a timely manner, and in accordance with company policy and procedure. This includes documentation related to medication distribution, leisure activities, incidents and observations, charting any changes in resident’s physical condition and or behaviors, visitors, etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Provides direct resident care. Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents. Performs general housekeeping following cleaning schedules for resident laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
- Assists in maintaining the physical, social, and psychological environment that is conducive to the best interest and welfare of the residents.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the performance of personnel tasks with the understanding that the responsibilities are not routine or limited to resident care matters.
- As per state regulations and completion of required training/certification, administers or assists with self- administration of medication and treatments as prescribed by the health care provider. Observes resident’s response to existing treatment plan, is aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects, and observes residents for occurrence of such and notifies supervisor. Adheres to community infection control policies and procedures.
- Assists residents with medication, as defined in medication procedure. Supervises residents who self- administer medication. Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures. Follows up with Health and Wellness Director and/or Executive Director with questions and concerns about medication administration.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the medicine supply room.
- Receives reports on all residents.
- Completes an accurate accounting of all medications, including controlled substances, as per policy.
- Assists with completion of medication cart audits per policy and direction of supervisor.
- Follows procedure regarding incidents/accidents to residents.