Surgical Technician – Operating Room
REPORTS TO: Administrator, OR Nurse, OR Charge Nurse, DON
STATUS: Permanent Position – Full Time
SALARY: $18.00 – $27.00 / hour (Based on experience)
BENEFITS: Cigna PPO, Dental, Vision, Matching 401k up to 6% at 50%
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday (No nights or weekends) 6:00am – 3:00pm
LOCATION: Fayetteville, NC
Responsible for preparing instruments and supplies to perform procedures according to the physician’s documented preferred routine. Also responsible for preparing the operation field for procedures and performing routine and delegated duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts appropriately with various age groups.
- Accurately assesses and interprets age-specific patient data.
- Accurately interprets age-specific patient responses to questions and instructions.
- Considers age-specific patient requirements when responding to emergency situations.
- Performs specified functions to meet the requirements of each procedure approved for the Facility.
- Assembles supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures according to physicians’ preference cards.
- Inspects equipment for proper working condition.
- Performs operating room technician functions following prescribed operating/procedure room procedures and principles of aseptic technique.
- Adheres to aseptic technique when operating sterile packages and preparing for procedures.
- Arranges instruments according to routine for the scheduled procedure; confirms that instruments work properly.
- Maintains availability of instruments and supplies to avoid delays.
- Reports observed or suspected breaks in sterile technique and responds according to Facility policy.
- Correctly utilizes and cares for supplies and equipment as directed.
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide availability and safety.
- Assists in maintaining adequate supplies in the operating room for immediate access during procedures.
- Assists in work areas by cleaning, storing, packaging and sterilizing instruments.
- Assist with storing and stocking supplies as directed. Maintains and updates instrument cards and surgeons’ preference cards.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician.
- Documents records and other forms according to Facility policy.
- Communicates information about the patient’s status to others responsible for patient care.
- Accurately comprehends verbal orders and direction.
- Performs other duties as may be appropriately required or assigned.
- Contributes to the progress and development of the approved Quality Management Program.
- Supports risk management and participates in programs directed to patient and staff safety.
- Contributes to the quality management process; identifies role and contributions upon request.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care.
- Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Organization
- Supports and perform according to approved policies and procedures.
- Participates as a team member in support of the total perioperative process.
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
- Interactions are respectful and courteous.
- Communicates effectively and professionally using a translator when necessary.
- Documents that information received from the patient is disseminated to the appropriate people or departments.
- Maintains and promotes professional competences through continuing education and other learning experiences.
- Participates in committees and quality management activities.
- Seeks new learning experiences by accepting challenging opportunities and responsibilities.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions or criticisms and attempts to improve performance or seeks further guidance, as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings, committees and in-services according to job responsibilities and Facility requirements.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Reports observed or suspected violations, hazards and noncompliance according to Facility policy.
- Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Responds to emergency situations with competence and composure.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- Must have Operating room technician training, Surgical Technician course or Facility staff development for operating room technicians.
We’re looking for a people person who is compassionate, detail oriented, and wanting to make a difference in patients’ lives.
Interested and want to learn more? Apply below.
YOUR IDEAL EXPERIENCE..
“Connecting people and creating a path to thrive together” IS AT THE HEART OF ALL WE DO.
Our passionate and dedicated team will help you navigate through your career journey starting from Day 1. We’ll take care of everything, so you can focus on what you do best.
We’re thrilled you are thinking about embarking on the iDEAL Path.
Exciting new adventure awaits!