SCHOOL POSITION NEED FOR Occupational Therapist
- Location: NORTH OCALA, Florida
- Start Date: 2022/23 School Year – Full time and Full Year
- Pay: Based on experience
- Our Musts: Must be licensed to practice occupational therapy in the state of Florida. The licensed occupational therapist works on the acquisition of/or compensation for deficits in fine motor skills, sensory motor skills, visual perceptual skills, and self-care skills for a student to benefit from his/her educational program.
1 OT needed for this school district please refer your friends!!
We have an immediate opening for the following position: Occupational Therapist
Do you believe in the motto?: “Students Come First”
We’re looking for a person who is compassionate and wanting to make a difference in children’s lives. At iDeal, we’re committed to bringing the best people to provide exceptional care to our school district partners.
The occupational therapist will be responsible for activities related to the provision of services which may include consultation, evaluation, and implementation of student’s plan of care. This position will be under the direct supervision of the lead occupational therapist.
- Travel to assigned schools
- Collaborate with IEP team to develop Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals and objectives
- Attend IEP staffings and complete paperwork as required
- Provide therapy services to assigned students in compliance with IEP frequency
- Complete Medicaid billing within timely manner
- Utilize an approach that encourages student participation in the least restrictive environment
- Exhibit a knowledge of clinical theory and its application as it relates to the student’s educational needs
- Provide consultative services to educational staff
- Participate in selection, design and/or construction of necessary adaptive equipment
- Maintain required documentation in work files for assigned students
- Follow guidelines for documentation of student attendance and progress
- Supervise Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTAs) as per established guidelines
- Approve COTA’s Medicaid charges and co-sign progress notes
- Attend scheduled meetings for staff development and training
- Participate on occupational therapy evaluation team as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality of student information
- Hold a current FLORIDA license for Occupational Therapy
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current best practices in the area of Occupational Therapy.
Oh! Did we mention shorter work days and summers off??
Interested and want to learn more? Apply below!
YOUR IDEAL EXPERIENCE..
“Connecting people and creating a path to thrive together” IS AT THE HEART OF ALL WE DO.
Our passionate and dedicated team will help you navigate through your career journey starting from Day 1. We’ll take care of everything, so you can focus on what you do best.
We’re thrilled you are thinking about embarking on the iDEAL Path.
Exciting new adventure awaits!