Patient Care Technician
REPORTS TO: OR Manager
STATUS: Direct Hire Permanent Position – Full Time
SALARY: $15.00 – $16.00 / hour (Based on experience)
BENEFITS: Cigna PPO, Dental, Vision, Matching 401k up to 6% at 50%
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday (No nights or weekends) 6:00am – 3:00pm
LOCATION: Fayetteville, NC
OVERVIEW: The Patient Care Technician is responsible for performing duties in perioperative areas to aid in transporting patients and supplies. This position also documents maintenance and terminal housekeeping in the surgical area.
To assist and support nurses in the pre/post op care unit with patient care activities.
- Assists transporting patients as directed by the R.N.
- Uses aseptic technique and personal protective equipment as necessary when opening supplies
- Takes initiative to provide a safe, clean and neat environment for patients and personnel, including cleaning counter tops, back tables, mayo stands, workstations and floors.
- Performs daily terminal cleaning of patient stretchers and medical equipment and takes initiative to clean, move, and prepare stretchers as necessary
- Utilizes good communication skills to decrease patient anxiety.
- Transports specimens to laboratory.
- Presents friendly and helpful demeanor to all patients, physicians and co-workers.
- Cleans staff lounge area as assigned as necessary and assigned.
- Demonstrates competency in applying and taking patient blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and respiration when needed.
Participates in continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Promotes high patient satisfaction levels.
- Develops good inter- and intra- department working relationships to promote quality work and quality care.
- Participates in on-going committee work.
Employee must present professional, caring, and courteous image.
- Must be willing to take responsibility and maintain accountability.
- Employee must possess good organizational and excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Completed a Nursing or Medical Assistant program or 3-5 years’ experience as patient aide
- High School graduate or successfully completed GED course
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Nursing Assistant I
We’re looking for a people person who is compassionate, detail oriented, and wanting to make a difference in patients’ lives.
Interested and want to learn more? Apply below.
YOUR IDEAL EXPERIENCE..
“Connecting people and creating a path to thrive together” IS AT THE HEART OF ALL WE DO.
Our passionate and dedicated team will help you navigate through your career journey starting from Day 1. We’ll take care of everything, so you can focus on what you do best.
We’re thrilled you are thinking about embarking on the iDEAL Path.
Exciting new adventure awaits!