• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Two years of nursing experience
• Outpatient Oncology experience
• OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) or BMT RN
SCCA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy
Current Washington State nursing license.
Additional certification may be required dependent upon department.
• Critical thinking; the ability to practice the cognitive skills of analyzing, applying standards, discriminating, information seeking, logical reasoning, predicting, and transforming knowledge
• Ability to develop clinical judgment.
• Time Management skills; the ability to organize and manage time and tasks independently
• Ability to communicate effectively by looking and listening for cues, asking open-ended questions, exploring cues, using pauses, screening responses, and clarifying response.
• Ability to effectively listen by using reflecting, acknowledging, summarizing, empathizing, and paraphrasing skill.
• Ability to effectively provide information by checking what information the person knows already, giving small amounts of information at a time, using clear terms and avoiding jargon, avoiding detail unless it is requested, checking for understanding, and pausing and waiting for a response.