1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
General nursing care within the medical unit.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Computerized charting. Pyxis machine. Overhead lifts. Plum + IV pumps. Kangaroo Feeding.
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Preferred med/sug experience. At least 1.5 years experience.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
BLS required, IN or compact RN license required
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Every other weekend
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Potentially to Medical Surgical floors and Rehab
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
9. Dress Code:
Caribbean blue scrubs
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
One week of orientation with ongoing education specific to Med/surg