• Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
• Effective communication skills required.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
• Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
• EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred. 1 or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
• EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
• Direct patient care experience preferred.
• Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
• Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
• Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
• Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
• Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.