Position Title: RN
Manager: Deb Antonocci
Dept: Main OR
Cost Center: 7600
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
SMH Main OR services 23 operating suites for all specialties including neuro, ortho and trauma. Nurse is responsible for circulating surgical cases in conjunction with surgery team (surgical tech, CRNA, surgeon, etc.), electronic chart documentation, communication with families, collaboration with multiple different disciplines.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Electronic Health Record – Cerner System, Surginet and T-Doc instrumentation system.
DaVinci Robot, Rosa Knee Robot, Medtronic Stealth Navigation, microscopes, and a variety of surgical beds and other surgical devices
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
At least 1 year of experience in OR setting, level 1 trauma experience required
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
Current IL license required as well as BLS, CNOR preferred
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
All shifts (day, evening, night)
Weekend rotation is expected. On call requirements are applicable.
Employee will always work with a surgical team including a surgical tech or another RN that scrubs.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
23 OR Suites
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
9. Dress Code:
Hospital provided scrubs
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
Classroom training for computer charting and quality indicators is provided along with up to 1 week of unit specific orientation