Position Title: RN
Dept: 4E Orthopedics
Cost Center: 6110
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
4E is an orthopedic focused unit. Patients are typically post orthopedic surgeries such as joint replacment, fracture repair, or spine surgeries. The unit also receives trauma patients and medical overflow patients. Patient often have IV pain medication needs, and dressing changes. Patients are adult to geriatric age with the trauma population typically being younger. The unit is fast paced and has a high volume of admissions and discharges.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Pyxis, Omnicell and Nurse Servers are used for medication dispensing and supplies
Electronic Health Record – Cerner System and use of bedside bar code administration
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Prefer 1 year of med-surg nursing
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
Current IL license required as well as BLS
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Shifts are 0645-1915 and 1845-0715
Every other weekend rotation is expected.
No on call requirements
Employee will always work with a team of nurses, patient care technicians, and a unit secretary
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Will need to be flexible to float first, then based on hospital needs would float to other general med-surg units based on hospital needs and individual competency.
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
38 all private rooms,
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
9. Dress Code:
any color scrubs
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
Classroom training for computer charting and quality indicators is provided along with 24hrs of unit specific orientation