Position Title: RN
Manager: Heather Henschel
Dept: 3B Acute Rehabilitation
Cost Center: 6200
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
3B is an acute rehab unit. We have private and semi-private rooms. We serve patients after acute strokes, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuires and other debilitating illness. The unit focuses on rehab to improve the patient to a functional level for discharge. The nurses work closely with PT, OT, ST and families/support person for the patient to rehab to home. The unit is CARF accredited and adheres to the required rehab care and documentation. The unit provides care to adult and geriatric patients.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Pyxis and Omnicell are used for medication dispensing and supplies
Electronic Health Record – Cerner System and use of bedside bar code administration
Hoyer lift, in room ceiling lifts, and slide board are some of the transfer techniques for nurses to be able to work with for patients
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Prefer 1 year of med-surg nursing
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
Current IL license required as well as BLS
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Shifts are 0645-1915 and 1845-0715
Every other weekend rotation is expected.
No on call requirements
Employee will always work with a team of nurses, patient care technicians, and a unit secretary
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Will need to be flexible to float first, then based on hospital needs would float to other general med-surg units based on hospital needs and individual competency.
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
The unit can house up to 31 patients using private and semi-private. The unit has an ADC of 17.
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
9. Dress Code:
any color scrubs
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
Classroom training for computer charting and quality indicators is provided along with 24hrs of unit specific orientation