SCHOOL POSITION NEED FOR Speech Language Pathologist
- Location: Charleston, South Carolina
- Start Date: ASAP through end of 22/23 School Year
- Pay: $44 – $48
- Our Musts: South Carolina SLP licensure and 9+ months of supervised experience required. Certificate of Clinical Competence preferred, but not required
We have an immediate opening for the following position: Speech Language Pathologist! This district prefers on-site, but district is open to hybrid for the right candidate. All experience levels will be considered. District will accept a traveler and due to multiple positions open, this is the perfect opportunity to travel with a friend! The SLP will serve the K-9 student population.
View all this beautiful South Carolina county has to offer! Unleash your inner adventurer at Eudora Wildlife Safari Park and then view the sunset at the Isle of Palms Beach. Berkeley County, SC is ready to welcome you !
Do you believe in the motto?: “Students Come First”
We’re looking for a person who is compassionate and wanting to make a difference in children’s lives. At iDeal, we’re committed to bringing the best people to provide exceptional care to our school district partners.
This position is responsible for:
- With guidance and support from the Related Services Coordinator:
Observes, screens, provides comprehensive evaluations, develops therapy plans, and provides documentation for students referred for speech-language services
- Serves as case manager for all students referred for and found to be eligible for special education only in the area of speech/language impaired.
- Conducts a comprehensive evaluation and document findings in report form; develops and maintains Individualized Education Program (IEP); schedules and presides over all IEP meetings for which responsible/case manager.
- Administer screen evaluate and diagnose specific speech or language deficits in referred students.
- Prepare and submit accurate and appropriate evaluations, screenings, and reports within timeline restrictions.
- Design appropriate goals and objectives for educationally based speech language therapy sessions in deficit areas for speech impaired students.
- Ensuring that all students who have fluency, speech production, language, cognition, voice, resonance, and auditory habilitation/rehabilitation disorders are provided appropriate speech-language services or related services.
- Conducting thorough, appropriate, and balanced assessments using a comprehensive assessment plan.
- Evaluating and summarizing all relevant results. Is an active member of the IEP Team and contributes to the process of determining eligibility for Special Services.
- Making appropriate recommendations regarding student needs and requirements for medically and/or educationally relevant therapy services.
- Hold a current South Carolina license for a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Have 9+ months of supervised speech language experience, preferably with school-aged children.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current best practices in the area of speech-language pathology.
Oh! Did we mention shorter work days and summers off??
Interested and want to learn more? Apply below!
YOUR IDEAL EXPERIENCE..
“Connecting people and creating a path to thrive together” IS AT THE HEART OF ALL WE DO.
Our passionate and dedicated team will help you navigate through your career journey starting from Day 1. We’ll take care of everything, so you can focus on what you do best.
We’re thrilled you are thinking about embarking on the iDEAL Path!
Exciting new adventure awaits!