1. General job duties. Types of procedures required. Cabg’s, Valve Replacements, Aortic Dissections, TAVR’s. Preferred experience in LVAD’s,Rvad’s,Impella’s, Heart & Lung Transplants. When not scrubbing in heart rooms may rotate to other services.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.) Epic One Chart system,Omnicell medication dispencer
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience. To hand in the above mentioned procedures.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc) BLS
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?) Day shift. Open to either 8,10 or 12 hour shifts
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?) No
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.21 OR suite
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only) In heart room staffing is either 2 scrubs/one circulator or one scrub/one circulator
9. Dress Code:casual clothes acceptable to & from work. Hospital provided scrubs
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.Typically a week’s orientation depending on experience