New Year’s resolutions.
Most of us set new ones at the start of every year, very few of us follow through on keeping them.
This also holds true for many of the work goals we set for ourselves throughout the year. What makes it so hard to stick to these goals we know will only make us better?
We’ve learned a piece of the puzzle to what keeps you focused on that New Year goal and we are excited to share it with you.
Drum roll please…
Create a checklist! Simple, yet very effective!
Clearly define the stepping stones that will get you closer to achieving the resolution! Make sure to set firm, measurable goals that you can track. The little successes along the way is the confetti that keeps you motivated and keeps the resolution relevant so you don’t lose sight of what you’re working towards!
For those of you with the resolution of improving your work life we’ve got a head start for your check list below!
- Update your resume.
- Read a career related book.
- Update and stay active on your Linked-in profile.
- Get one new professional certificate.
- Attend at least 2 new networking events.
- Find (at least) 2 new ways to stay healthy at work! (examples: Avoid the break room snacks, spend part of lunch taking a walk, take the stairs).
Whatever your New Year’s resolution is this year we wish you much success, and hope you achieve all of your goals this year!
Cheers to 2019!